Code: 691027 A

Iran’s first vice president denounced the US for starting a lose-lose game by imposing sanctions on the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Speaking to reporters in Iran’s southwestern city of Abadan on Monday, Eshaq Jahangiri said the US has entered a lose-lose game with Iran and is becoming increasingly isolated.

“No government has supported the US sanctions against Iran, except the Zionist regime and some regional governments,” he said, adding that the international community has voiced support for Iran in its fight against the US sanctions, Tasnim News Agency reported.

Jahangiri said the Iranian administration’s strategy over the past six months has foiled the bulk of hostile plots, pointing to the US failure to push Iran’s oil exports down to zero.

 “The administration has devised plans and solutions to minimize the impact of the sanctions and pressures on the country’s economy,” the vice president added.

Meanwhile in comments on Saturday, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said contrary to what the US government claims, Washington’s sanctions and pressures are aimed at harming the people of Iran.

The president also assured the Iranian nation that the administration has made arrangements to secure the steady supply of basic goods for many months.

Rouhani had announced earlier that Iran will proudly circumvent the US sanctions, which he branded as cruel and illegal.

The first round of American sanctions took effect in August, targeting Iran's access to the US dollar, metals trading, coal, industrial software, and auto sector.

France, Germany, Britain and the European Union issued a joint condemnation of the United States’ move to place fresh sanctions on the Iranian economy, vowing to protect European companies doing "legitimate" business with Tehran.

Second round of US sanctions targets Iran's oil and financial sectors, and came into force on 5 November.

END

US sanctions
Send Comment